SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CloudTalk, a social communications platform that enables personal and natural communication through voice as well as text, photo and video, today unveiled its new application for iPhone and Android. The new version of the CloudTalk app includes rich social and multi-media capabilities and a more intuitive user interface, all built around the idea that people need to be able to use their voice to communicate.
“There’s been a dramatic shift in the messaging landscape in the past six months, evidenced by an appetite for a more intimate and social kind of mobile communication that mirrors the way we interact with our social circles in real life on a daily basis”
“There’s been a dramatic shift in the messaging landscape in the past six months, evidenced by an appetite for a more intimate and social kind of mobile communication that mirrors the way we interact with our social circles in real life on a daily basis,” said Tim Bajarin, principal analyst at Creative Strategies. “This should drive new platforms towards a more authentic style of communication, and it will be interesting to see how this space plays out.”
Highlights for the new app include:
- Multimedia Sharing: Add photos and videos to your messages when words just aren’t enough.
- Group Messaging: Message the people you know one-on-one, in a group, or broadcast to the entire CloudTalk community.
- More Social Conversations: Make your group messaging conversations more social by adding new participants, naming your conversation threads by topic or by groups of people participating and by liking and commenting on conversations, photos and videos.
- Facebook and Twitter Integration: Find friends on your favorite social networks that are already using the CloudTalk app and post to your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- Engaging Your Circle of Friends: Invite your friends to join you on CloudTalk via SMS or email and follow each other, so you can chat or share content.
- Organized News Feeds: Never lose track of an important conversation again, with your latest messages stored all in one place.
We also kept the features our users love in the new version of the CloudTalk app:
- Voice Messaging: Send and receive real-time asynchronous voice messages within your social circle.
- Text Messaging: Stay in touch with your friends or groups of friends with free, unlimited text messaging.
- Public Communities: Venture out and meet someone with similar interests in the public community and start or join a group.
“The friction caused by phone calls when we can’t take them, and voice mail that feels like a dead end, is making it harder to use our voice in daily communications with our social circle. CloudTalk stands out as the only platform to put the power and convenience of voice at the center of the social communications experience,” says David Hayden, chairman and CEO of CloudTalk. “And CloudTalk makes talking as easy as texting, so we can freely use our voices to convey emotion, avoid misconstrued tone and get a message across far more quickly and powerfully than text alone.”
To get started on CloudTalk, download the app directly from your mobile device at the iTunes App Store or Android Marketplace. Once you have downloaded the app, invite and follow your circle of friends or make new friends from around the world in the public communities. To learn more about CloudTalk visit www.cloudtalk.com.
CloudTalk also recently launched its App Platform and Partner Program at SXSW, which enables mobile and Web application developers to integrate a whole new dimension of voice, text and rich media to any application where the power of human communication is important. The new CloudTalk app runs on the CloudTalk platform. The company will be speaking and exhibiting at the APPNATION conference in San Francisco on April 27th and 28th so stop by and say hello!
CloudTalk is the only social communications platform that lets you talk, text, and share videos and photos all in one place with your social circle. It delivers a rich communication experience enabling both public and private interactions wherever you are. The free mobile application is available for iOS, (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) and Android OS. CloudTalk brings talking back to our everyday interactions, and with that, the sense of freedom and satisfaction that we get when we use our voices to communicate. CloudTalk is the new way to talk, text and share content on your own terms.
CloudTalk is based in San Francisco, Calif. and was founded in April 2009. For more information, visit www.cloudtalk.com and follow the company on Twitter at @CloudTalking or @CloudTalkMe.