The combination of the free mobile app, ElvisWeek.com, Elvis’ Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and other digital tools, puts fans right in the middle of the action with a unique digital experience, both in Memphis and around the world.
Fans headed to Memphis for Elvis Week can download and use the free official Elvis Week app, a mobile guide to the 35th anniversary celebration, August 10 – 18, 2012. The app features a customizable event schedule, complete list of Elvis Week guests, map of the Graceland grounds and Memphis area, news feed from ElvisWeek.com, daily video recaps, Memphis area weather conditions and a virtual candle for the annual Candlelight Vigil on August 15.
Elvis fans around the world that are unable to be in Memphis for Elvis Week will find daily news and event coverage on ElvisWeek.com. Included in the updates will be video recaps, photo galleries, blogs and more.
Daily video updates on ElvisWeek.com covering the action at Graceland will be hosted by Memphis music personality Memphis Jones and co-hosted by Israel Jane. Jane won the co-host assignment via a worldwide talent search presented by Elvis.com.
Each day, the site will also include updates from reporter Jon Waterhouse who will be blogging about his Elvis Week experience from Memphis.
Fan uploads, tweets and posts that include #ElvisWeek will also show up on ElvisWeek.com allowing fans who are in Memphis to share the event with those who are not. Those participating online will also be able to sign a virtual Graceland wall and watch a live, streaming broadcast of the Candlelight Vigil on Wednesday, August 15, beginning at 8:00 p.m. CDT.
The list of other online tools that fans will use to celebrate Elvis Week includes:
- Facebook – Join more than 6.5 million Elvis Presley Facebook fans for exclusive content all week
- Twitter – Use #ElvisWeek for posts that refer to Elvis and the annual celebration and #EWGuest for questions that will possibly be answered by panel guests
- GetGlue – Check in with Elvis Presley during Elvis Week for an exclusive digital Elvis Week sticker
- Instagram – Take photos via Instagram and tag them #ElvisWeek and see them featured on ElvisWeek.com
- Foursquare – Use Foursquare to check in at Graceland and receive a free 35th Anniversary poster from guest services
- Pinterest – Create an Elvis Week board with images that come from Memphis during the week including Elvis tattoos, kids as Elvis, Elvis Shrines and more uploaded by fans
- Tumblr – View photos, blogs and other fun content shared by fans
For more information on all of the events taking place in Memphis during Elvis Week 2012, visit www.ElvisWeek.com.
About Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.
Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE), a division of CORE Media Group, Inc., is based in Memphis, with additional offices in Los Angeles. In addition to Graceland and its related attractions in Memphis, including the Heartbreak Hotel, EPE is aggressively involved in a worldwide licensing program, merchandising, music publishing, and television, film, video and Internet projects. For more information on EPE and Graceland, visit www.elvis.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50368421&lang=en