AMSTERDAM–()–TomTom today launches the TomTom Hands Free Car Kit for smartphones with the highest quality audio for loud and clear hands-free calling and navigation. The new Car Kit features an advanced noise and echo cancellation system, which dramatically reduces background noise for the caller and removes ambient noise for the driver.
“With fantastic audio quality and new mounting options, we are making it easier and safer for drivers to make calls and use navigation applications on the move. With advanced new features, our aim is to help drivers keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road.”
New mounting options make smartphone use on the move safer and more convenient. The newly designed Car Kit has an adjustable grip to fit any smartphone with or without its cover. An extendable microphone can be clipped to the sun visor to ensure conversations are louder and clearer.
“The new Car Kit has been designed for safety and convenience.” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director Consumer at TomTom. “With fantastic audio quality and new mounting options, we are making it easier and safer for drivers to make calls and use navigation applications on the move. With advanced new features, our aim is to help drivers keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road.”
The TomTom Hands Free Car Kit comes in two versions to support iPhone and micro USB compatible smartphones such as Android phones with the possibility to automatically pair two mobile devices simultaneously. When connected via Bluetooth®, voice recognition functionality can be activated; enabling drivers to navigate and dial without taking their hands from the wheel.
A video providing an overview of TomTom Hands Free Car Kit can be found here.
— ENDS —
Pricing and Availability
The TomTom Hands-Free Car Kit for iPhone or Smartphone is available in selected retail stores and from the www.tomtom.comsmartphone and priced at €99.95.
The TomTom Hands-Free Car Kit for iPhone with Western EU navigation app is priced at €149.95
Notes for editors
The hands-free car kit offers drivers:
- Sound boost – An in-built 2 watt speaker means that drivers can hear hands-free calls and navigation instructions loud and clear.
- Extendable microphone – The microphone can be brought closer to the driver for clearer conversations.
- Noise and echo cancellation – Cancels out background noise so drivers can have even clearer conversations.
- Dual phone connection – Connects two phones simultaneously.
- Fast charging – Fast charges the driver’s phone on the go.
- Dual mounting system – Drivers can choose to mount their device on the dashboard or the windscreen. It includes a self-adhesive disc that allows use of the suction mount on the dash or center console.
- Voice menu and spoken instructions – Drivers can connect their phone easily using the voice menu and spoken instructions.
- Easy-reach answer and reject buttons – Answer and reject calls, even when the phone isn’t mounted
— ENDS —
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of in-car location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning TomTom HD Traffic.
For the world’s most up-to-date route planner, including live traffic information go to www.tomtom.com/livetraffic
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com